Thursday 24 July 2014

The Past Catches Up

I guess you could call this a nostalgia fest, of sorts.

As a kid, I used to be enthralled by a series of cheap little books that Santa used to drop down the chimney in batches every Christmas.  I knew them as 'project books'.  Here's the full catalogue:




They were published around 1970, and I still have a few sitting on a shelf.  They were a huge drain on my time back then.

They were exclusive to Woolworth and Woolco, but apparently published by the Milk Marketing Board, believe it or not:


And, with glorious hindsight, that must have been true.  This one is especially ironic:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, this did make me smile
    Santa dropped these down my chimney too.
    I had the build your own computer and radio books.
    What a wave of memories you triggered with this post.
    Adrian

    ReplyDelete